Each year at ICRE, innovative, stimulating and thought-provoking research paper abstracts are submitted that provide a forum for those who use systematic, scholarly methods to evaluate educational programs, identify new phenomena, define aspects of training, and assess competence.
Together, the Journal of Graduate Medical Education (JGME) and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada are excited to announce that after much deliberation, the JGME/Royal College Top Three Research Papers, and the JGME/Royal College Top Five Resident Papers for 2016 have been selected.
Congratulations to all our nominees!
JGME/Royal College Top Three Research in Residency Education Papers
*The names of the presenting authors are underlined below*
- Beyond rater cognition: The impact of supervisor continuity on the quality of documented work-based assessments
Authored by: Warren Cheung, Nancy Dudek, Timothy Wood (University of Ottawa); Jason R. Frank (Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada)
- Establishing absolute standards for technical performance
Authored by: Mitchell Goldenberg, Alaina Garbens, Peter Szasz, Tyler Hauer, Teodor Grantcharov (University of Toronto)
- Feedback credibility in a formative postgraduate OSCE: Effects of examiner type
Authored by: Lynfa Stroud, Denyse Richardson, Heather McDonald-Blumber, Rodrigo B. Cavalcanti (University of Toronto); Matthew Sibbald (McMaster University)
JGME/Royal College Top Five Resident Papers
- Resident evaluations of faculty: Resident versus faculty perspectives
Authored by: Roochi Arora, Parveen Wasi (McMaster University)
- Organizational change: Another competency to consider?
Authored by: Sarah McIsaac, Robert Ohle (University of Ottawa); Robert Anderson (Northern School of Medicine)
- ACGME case logs as an indication of operative competency for vascular anastomoses: A pilot study
Authored by: Seth Noland, Deepa Shah, Daniel Torrent, William Bogey, Carl Haisch (East Carolina University)
- What are the sleep patterns of residents?
Authored by: Edward Schwartzenberger (University of Calgary); Valerie Kirk, Simon Goldstein (Alberta Children’s Hospital)
- Team Strategies and Tools to Enhance Performance and Patient Safety (TeamSTEPPS): Promoting a culture of safety
Authored by: Aaron Webb, Erin Weldon, David Lussier, Melanie Ngo, Chau Pham (University of Manitoba)
We’re thrilled to announce that these outstanding papers will be highlighted during two special sessions at ICRE 2016 in Niagara Falls, Canada!
Don’t forget to register for ICRE 2016 before August 22 to take advantage of our early bird rates!