International Resident Leadership Summit (IRLS)
Held conjointly with the International Conference on Residency Education (ICRE), IRLS is one of Canada’s premier resident development events. This two-day conference is dedicated to enhancing resident leadership skills around time management, strategic planning, and more. All residents are welcome, including junior residents and those in Family Medicine.
IRLS 2017 will begin on October 19, 2017 with the ICRE opening plenary and welcoming reception, and will feature two full days of resident-focused programming from October 20 – 21. The program lineup will include plenary sessions with dynamic keynote speakers, workshops and opportunities for large and small group discussions.
More detailed program information will be released in early 2017.
Attend IRLS to:
- Enhance leadership, clinical and management skills
- Appreciate the reach of your influence within educational programs and clinical care
- Learn about future leadership opportunities across Canada and internationally
- Develop a national and global network of like-minded peers
The ICRE Blog is a place for residents to jump-start the conversations and knowledge exchange that is vital to competency development and the delivery of high-quality patient care. Its content comes primarily from residents and resident organizations, though other health care stakeholders contribute as well. Click any link below to enhance your learning:
- 10 Common Resident Research Pitfalls
- 10 tips for writing a health science manuscript
- 10 tips for first and subsequent call nights
- Common mistakes that students make when going through the Match process
- How should you find an academic mentor?
- Practical Tips for Keeping Control and Balance at Work
- Staying mindful – Time management tips for residents
- The continuum of fear – Cultivating awareness during residency training